I’m Laura from Yummy Mummy Flabby Tummy and this is our third review from our Toyologist toy box. Today I’m writing a review on the Pokemon Electronic Pokedex. For the price of this item, please click on the product link.
Actually, instead of writing this review, I thought I’d video Wee Z playing the Pokedex so you can see it in action.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPDBHalS5Gc?rel=0]
- The Pokemon Pokedex holds information on 45 different Pokemon, telling you about their height, weight and evolution. You can search for Pokemon alphabetically or numerically
- There are 3 games: Who’s that Pokemon?, Who has the advantage? and Which doesn’t belong? – these last a few minutes each
- There is a Pokemon trivia quiz
- It requires 3 AAA batteries which are not included
- Suitable for ages 4 and over
Would I recommend the Pokedex to a friend? I’m in 2 minds with this toy. It’s one of those toys that you know your child will love, will want to show off to friends and play with it endlessly but you just think it’s a waste of money. So I decided that no, I wouldn’t recommend it to a friend. The main reason for this is the price.
Is it value for money? In my opinion, no and I honestly can’t see anyone paying the current price for this toy. The graphics aren’t great compared with any other electronic toy out there and the content isn’t that great either. For that price I’d be hoping for colour graphics, more Pokemon and more games. It would be a better toy if it had the facility to “link-up” to other Pokedex so you could have battles or trade Pokemon with friends.
Wee Z would probably give this a huge thumbs up but, as a parent, I’d give this a 5/10.