Disney Princess is one of the most popular ranges here at Toys R Us, and it’s not hard to see why. This troupe of enchanting ladies is loved by children of all ages, and there are plenty of Disney Princess toys for every activity and interest.
Although many princesses have featured in Disney films across the years, the official Disney Princess line-up currently includes just eleven popular princesses. These are:
- Snow White, from 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Cinderella from Cinderella, released in 1950
- Aurora, from Sleeping Beauty, which was released in 1959
- Ariel, the main character from 1989’s The Little Mermaid
- Belle, the beauty in Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Jasmine, from 1992’s Aladdin
- Pocahontas, the eponymous heroine of the 1995 film
- Mulan, from Mulan which hit cinemas in 1998
- Tiana, the hardworking star of 2009’s The Princess and the Frog
- Rapunzel, from Disney’s 50th feature film, Tangled (2010)
- Merida, the first Pixar princess, from 2012’s Brave
Disney Princess Facts
Although princesses have existed in Disney films since the 1930s, the Disney Princess franchise wasn’t created until the early 2000s. If your child is a huge fan of the princesses, why not wow them with some of our Disney Princess facts?
- Mulan is the only lady in the line-up who isn’t actually a princess. The rest are either born into royal families, or marry into them.
- Snow White, as well as being the very first Disney Princess, is also the youngest, at just 14 years old.
- Ariel is the only princess who wasn’t born a human, and is based on the main character in Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale, The Little Mermaid.
- Although Mulan is based on a legend, Pocahontas is the only one of the group who was definitely based on a real person. The real-life Pocahontas lived between around 1595 and 1617, and was actually named Matoaka. “Pocahontas” is a nickname meaning “the naughty one”.
- Belle is the only person in her village who wears blue, symbolising her independence and how different she is from the rest of the villagers.
- Rapunzel was the first Disney Princess to appear in a film which used CGI rather than traditional animation.
- Merida is unique among the princesses in that she doesn’t have a love interest in her film.
Top Disney Princess Toys
We have a huge range of Disney Princess toys here at Toys R Us, including playsets, arts and crafts sets, Disney Princess dolls, construction toys and dressing up toys. Whether your little one loves Aurora or is a big fan of Mulan, we’ve got plenty of toys and games they’ll love. We’ve picked out a few of our favourites, sure to keep your child entertained for hours on end.
If you’re looking for Disney Princess dolls, we have a huge selection to choose from, including:
Although Elsa and Anna from Frozen aren’t in the line-up of official Disney Princesses, they’re rumoured to be joining the group later this year. This gorgeous doll was one of our best-selling products over Christmas, and its popularity sees no sign of waning.
If your child is a big fan of Cinderella, they’ll love this beautiful doll with a dazzling blue skirt, inspired by the moment in the movie where she transforms her outfit into this iconic gown. This is said to be Walt Disney’s favourite Disney moment, and now your little one can have hours of fun recreating it themselves at home.
This is the perfect set of Disney Princess dolls if your little one loves Sleeping Beauty. Not only do you get a great Aurora doll, but also the handsome Prince Phillip, evil Maleficent, and Aurora’s fairy godmothers, Flora, Fauna & Merryweather.
If your child can’t choose their favourite Disney Princess, then go for this cute set which features Ariel, Cinders, Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Merida and Rapunzel!
Best Disney Princess Arts & Crafts
If your child prefers arts and crafts to playing with dolls, then we’ve also got plenty of products to keep them entertained. Some of our favourites include:
This art set is perfect for taking to school or for creative play at home. It features everything your little one will need for arty fun, including paints, colouring pencils, felt tip pens, crayons, stickers and many more great items.
Colouring in books are a classic way of keeping your little one entertained on rainy days. This Crayola colouring in book comes with 20 giant sheets featuring some of the most popular princesses, including Ariel, Belle, Jasmine and Snow White.
Something different for your child to enjoy, this set features three beautiful patterns with Ariel, Belle and Jasmine. It’s really easy to use – all your child needs to do is follow the numbers to place the colourful, sparkly sticky mosaics onto the patterns. It’s perfect for parties, or just quiet crafting time at home.
We also have a wonderful range of dressing up costumes and role play toys, so your child can enjoy hours of fun acting out all their favourite princess’ most memorable scenes.
If your child dreams of flying away on a magic carpet, they’ll adore this pretty Jasmine dressing up costume. It even comes with a co-ordinating bag, so they can carry around all of their essential accessories.
Get your money’s worth with this great value 2 in 1 dress. One side features Aurora’s pretty pink dress, whilst on the other side you can find Belle’s beautiful golden gown. It’s perfect if your little one just can’t decide which princess they love the most!
Available exclusively at Toys R Us, this stunning Tiana dress is ideal for fans of The Princess and the Frog. It’s just like the beautiful white gown she wears in the film, and also comes with a matching bag, for all those princess essentials.